What is the club for?
The E3i club exists to enhance the link between academic institutions, industry leaders, policy makers, and the wider public. To do this we provide training experience and skills development opportunities.
What sort of things does the club do?
We are involved in local science festivals, impact and outreach events. For example the club was recently involved in a panel debate on Science, Society and Our Planet at the Norwich Science Festival
In addition, the club exists to provide the training that you want! Some examples of the training that we have provided in the past are:
- ThinkBig Innovation with Hethel Innovation
- Infographics and animations skills using Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator and After Effects; and Affinity Designer
- Using Raspberry Pi’s to create apps and integrate environmental sensors
- ‘Innovation Days’ at new and existing DTP partner organisations
- Professional Video editing
- Weather Presenting
- Innovation Seminar Series
- Media interview training with BBC journalist trainers
- Creating board games for science communication (#LetsPlayScience)
The club is also able to purchase equipment for use by DTP students. We currently have GoPros, Advanced Cameras, and hi Spec laptops that can be borrowed.